Share/Save/Bookmark

Monday, January 9, 2012

My EDM Journey

I was dying to write a blog post for so long but for my "Awesome Computer " had to delay this post by 3-4 months probably .. So here I am ready now to write about "My EDM Journey" ..

As I Begin the first question which might arise on your mind would be , "What is EDM ?? "  .. EDM means Electronic Dance Music . << Check this link first to exactly know what is EDM and its entire history .. I am not going to explain to you as it will deviate me from what i was going to write here .. So lets begin without further delay ..

I was always a person who used to show his interest on any kind of dance music .. I remember  those School days when i used to listen to shows like Club Mirchi on Radio .. Maybe that was the first giant step toward EDM for me .. I used to like grooving to the Bollywood remixes they used to play , as that was something new to me and obviously which sounded good to my ears .. During those days Djing in India was all about making bollywood remixes ..Dj Aqeel , Dj Suketu who can forget those famous name ...people still love to listen to there bollywood remixes ..



Years went by and One bright day I was introduced to EDM by the music channel Vh1 India .. How ? It was that epic video " Dance4Life " which was being played regularly , the track which introduced me to the EDM legend Tiesto .. The theory that less than six degrees of separation lie between every living human and the amazing beats which were used in this video made me realize that this is the kind of music i wanted to listen ..
I started googling more about Tiesto and his music .. The track Ten Seconds Before Sunrise confirmed i would be his fan forever and it also introduced me to the beautiful world of Trance Music .. What can I say about Trance music it can make you smile , cry and at the same moment appreciate yourself  for being faithful to EDM .. Internet Radio shows like A state of Trance , Trance Around the World and Global DJ Broadcast helped me learn more about Trance music and its sub genres .. These internet radio shows were a great platform to meet people from around the world who loved listening to Trance Music as much as I do ... In Twitter we have a small family called #TranceFamily , u can find all those crazy people out there .. :-) With time passing by I also explored other genres of EDM like House Music , Techno , Electro , Disco , Dubstep .. Some great DJs I came across from these genre are David Guetta , Daft Punk , Swedish House Mafia , Deadmau5 , Nero , Bob SinclarBenny Benassi  .. Livesets is an awesome website if you want to explore more of EDM Podcasts & Events ..The best Internet Radio to follow EDM would always be di.fm ..

With time this kind of music started becoming monotonous for me .. I needed something different from EDM and which was more  closer to my culture .. Then came Bobby Friction's Friction Show ( A BBC Radio Show ) to the rescue which is based on Asian Underground , Asian Dubstep , Asian Electronica and everything Desi music can offer to you ..My respect for Asian Underground music has increased a lot after listening to music from legendary artist like Karsh Kale , Niraj Chag , Bobby Friction , Nitin Sawhney , Bally Sagoo , Biddu , Panjabi MC , The Rishi Rich Project and many more .. The future of Asian Underground looks promising with new music artist like Govind Bhachu and Sharaab ..

I don't know how long i would continue listening to EDM and what next EDM would be able to offer me .. EDM has never failed to surprise me whenever i thought it was getting boring it came back with a "Bang" .. It has been a wonderful journey  till now .. Djing can now be considered as a great career option .. I know a lot of people who started Djing as a hobby but slowly & steadily they are now turning it into a career .. If you think Djing is all about playing requested bollywood tracks at rave parties .. Then I am sorry to say, you know nothing about Djing .. Maybe i will write a blog about Djing soon .. I am so happy to see EDM growing in India at a rapid rate with the success of Sunburn Festival in 2011 .. Finally people in India have started understanding what EDM is all about and showing interest on it .. If you are interested in EDM then don't feel shy to explore this genre of music because few years later you might be writing a blog article on it like I did today .. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for visiting my blog ! If you liked this post, please feel free to leave a comment and share this post so that others can know about it .. If you are into blogging u can leave a link of your blog in comments so that i can go through it later :-)