Share/Save/Bookmark

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

YOUR NEXT TWENTY-FOUR HOURS !

Source : "Radiant Living" By Fowler

Just for today I will try to live through the day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appeal me if I felt I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

  Just for today I will be happy. This assumes to be true what Abraham Lincoln said: "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will learn something useful, I will read something that requires effort, thought, and concentration.

Just for today I will adjust myself to what is and I will not keep trying to adjust everything else to my own desires.

Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways; I will do somebody a good turn and not get found out. I will do at least two things I don't want to do -- just for exercise. And today if my feelings are hurt I will not show it to anyone.

Just for today I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, talk quietly, act courteously, criticize not one bit, and not try to improve or regulate anybody except myself.

Just for today I will have a quiet half-hour all by myself for meditation and relaxation. During this half-hour i will try to get better perspective of my life.

Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that, as I give, the world will give to me.

4 comments:

  1. Wish this was achievable.Its too surreal.And i guess would make life less thrilling.But seriously i wish....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with u .. some of the points are surreal . But most of them if we are able to practice will certainly make life better .. Read This book if possible >> "Radiant Living" by Fowler

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a dish in south India called Pongal. When it is served hot..you should not put your finger in the middle....we should start eating from side ways..slowly....so lets eat our days side ways..

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for visiting my blog ! If you liked this post, please feel free to leave a comment and share this post so that others can know about it .. If you are into blogging u can leave a link of your blog in comments so that i can go through it later :-)